Thursday, July 8, 2010

Farmers market

So yesterday I went on a little walk that lead me to the Iowa City farmers market which i've wanted to go to for a while now. I forgot how many different things they sold there! I loved it.

They had chocolate chip banana bread yum :) and snow cones (double yum). They also had this apple wine which I was going to try but forgot to go back to it before I left, I guess I'll just have to try it next time. They also had tamales :) which is a mexican food I was really excited and bought some that was my first purchase :) They weren't as good as my g-ma's or my aunts but no ones are. I also loved all the zucchinis, yellow squashes, cucumbers, and tomatoes. I love veggies :) and i just had to buy to some zucchini which I am super excited to go home and cook.

I am excited to go back next week for the wine and maybe the chocolate chip banana bread.

and that was the highlight of my day... well besides finding a book in the non-fiction section of the library called "how to be a vampire" it included sections on how to become a vampire, what to do after getting bit, and how to tell your parents you were a child of the night.   Interesting right?

1 comment:

  1. Farmer's Markets are the best! I go to one almost every Sunday - depending how I'm recovering from my previous night. But dang, I'm jealous of the chocolate chip banana bread and snow cones. And for the tamales.

    ReplyDelete